Wednesday 6 March 2013

Verb Phrase


     Every sentence must have a verb. To depict doable activities, writers use action verbs. To describe conditions, writers choose linking verbs.

Examples

1)The tires screeched as Selena mashed the accelerator.
-In the first sentence, screeched and mashed, single-word verbs, describe the quick actions of both the tires and Selena.

2)Selena should have been driving with more care, for then she would not have gotten her third ticket this year.
-The auxiliary verbs that comprise should have been driving [a four-word verb] and would have gotten [a three-word verb] express not only time relationships but also evaluation of Selena's actions.

Another Examples:



Take My Heart-Soko

You can take my heart for a walk on the beach
You can take my heart for a little trip
You can take my heart very close to your heart
You can take my heart forever if you like

But not every heart belongs to any other
You and I
You and I are meant to be
I'm the one for you, You're the one for me
You love me as much as I do
When you look at me and we're skin to skin
I want you so
Please come in
And you love me more and more
And my love grows up with you
And you kiss me more and more
And I kiss you, too
And I kiss you, too

If I take your heart, I will cherish it every day
If I take your heart, I will heal these old wounds
If I take your heart, it's to make it happy
If I take your heart, it's forever close to mine

……..
http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/s/soko/take_my_heart.html




No comments:

Post a Comment